If you didn't all ready know, I have been trying to get my own website off the ground for about a year now. In my webstore I plan to sell unique handmade gifts for new and expectantant moms. I have tons of ideas and plans, but my attention to detail is holding this project way back. Not to mention that little thing called, a super busy, hectic, blog-filled, family life that gets in the way - just a little bit. So you can imagine how awesome it felt to be contacted by Sandra Magsamen, award winning author, artist, and handmade gift extraordinaire.
Let me give you just a little bit of background on Sandra Magsamen. She has been making and selling products worldwide and touching people with her creations for twenty years. Sandra was inspired by the birth of her daughter and started creating her items from the heart to make it easier for people to share how they feel about the ones they love. In 1991 Sandra founded Table Tiles, Inc due to the growing demand of her handmade originals. Within ten years Table Tiles, Inc had expanded into a multi-million dollar gift business. That is so amazing and so inspiring for someone like me! All of her success with Table Tiles, Inc led her to begin to license her ideas. Since then Sandra has designed successful collections with significant licensees including: Lenox, PBS, Scholastic, and Corel, just to name a few.
In January of 2008 Sandra debuted the launch of Messages from the Heart BABY at JC Penney, which is a new infant lifestyle brand. This line includes layette, sleepwear and accessories that are sold in baby boutiques in over 1000 stores and JCP.com. Sandra's line celebrates new babies with messages such as "made with love", on clothing, albums, bedding, decor and ceramic message plaques, just to name a few. Here is an example of a couple of my favorites from this line.
That same year Sandra's Wishes and Kisses line debuted at Wal-Mart. This newborn apparel collection was made with bright colors, bold prints and soft fabrics. Each item in the collection, also with inspiring messages, are set to encourage snuggles and smiles, and all things that make babies happy. Below are a couple of my favorite outfits from this collection. They are so reasonably priced too!
In Spring of 2009 Sandra debuted at Wal-Mart her exclusive gift boutique, From the Studio of Sandra Magsamen. This line also carries the same warmth and positive messages with an artistic flair. She sells a variety of items all under the ten dollar mark such as, plaques, mugs, candles, key chains, etc... This new line features thoughtful and creative gifts for all occassions. The gifts are designed to let your loved ones know how very special they are to you.
Over the last 12 years Sandra has published 35 books and sold more than one million copies. "Living Artfully" was published in 2006 and has become Sandra's signature lifestyle book. In this book she believes that Messages from the Heart can make life more enjoyable and reminds people to approach everday actvities with their own unique outlook and embrace the world with their own style.
Sandra has also written several articles for Oprah.com and has been featured in O magazine (yay Oprah!), Woman's Day, Inspire Your World, and Parents Magazine, just to name a few. To read more about Sandra, and all of her amazing accomplishments, visit her site at www.SandraMagsamen.com.
When you visit her site you will find that Sandra also has her very own online store where you can buy unique handmade items that are created and personlized by Sandra with you in mind. Each piece is signed as well as personally gift wrapped by Sandra just for you! You can only find these items on her site. Available for purchase are ceramic plaques, books and custom handmade items. Below is an example of a custom handmade ceramic plaque, perfect for any nursery.
I love this handmade ceramic plaque! It is so unique and I love that it is personalized just for your baby. In addition to nursery plaques Sandra also makes custom plaques with wedding dates and names and ones that you can create a message all your own. You could have so much fun with coming up with your own message and having Sandra deliver it on a ceramic plaque. No wonder she is the queen of gifts from the heart!
Please go visit http://www.sandramagsamen.com/ and learn more about the fantastic pieces of art that she creates and stands behind. She is a true Mompreneur and role model to women such as myself that have a dream of being successful at doing something that they love. She is truly inspiring and I am thankful that I have gotten this chance to get to know a little bit about her.
Sandra is graciously giving THREE very lucky Pretty Pink Momma readers a nursery plaque, similar to the one shown above, of their very own!
How to Enter: Visit Sandra's site and comment back on this post telling me what your favorite handmade item is that she offers. You can also include items from any of her lines. You must be specific. This giveaway is open to US only.
Get Extra Entries! (remember to post a comment for each extra entry)
- Get TEN Extra Entries by posting a comment in TheMotherhood Flip for Fall Circle. Post your tip for getting your house ready for allergy season and if your tip is chosen you will receive a gift pack from Aller-Ease. You MUST put PPM in your tip comment. Once you have finished, comment back on this post with your tip in the first comment and I flipped for Fall in the next nine comments. This entry option only available until Sept 20th.
- Get TWO Extra entries for posting the Dirty Thirty Birthday Bash button on your site, leave the url link in your first comment.
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter.
- Get SEVEN Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma
- Get TWO Extra entries if you Grab the Pretty Pink Momma button, comment on which url you posted it to, leave two comments
- Follow Pretty Pink Momma on Blogger, if you all ready follow just put that in your comment
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave five comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get FOUR Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway, leave the tweet url in your first comment and I tweeted in the next three.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway - leave the url in one of your three comments
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Stumble this post
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to your Technoratti Favorites, leave two comments
- Add Pretty Pink Momma to any other social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add a new comment for each site.
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Thursday October 8th. The winner will be announced Friday October 9th. Winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget on my right sidebar. The winner will only have three days to claim their prize.