Now that I have turned thirty high school seem such a long time ago. One thing that I remember about high school is one of my favorite classes - Ceramics. I really loved messing around on the pottery wheel and then experimenting with the different glazes. There is just something about creating something from start to finish with your own hands that just gives you a sense of satisfaction. I actually still have most of my ceramics creations still around the house in various rooms because I loved them so much and could never bear to part with them. I hope that one day I can get back into ceramic art, obviously my time is limited right now. Maybe by the time I turn Sassy Sixty I will have found more time to explore the ceramics artist within! For now, I will just have to settle for appreciating the works of others like Kathleen McGiveron.
Kathleen McGiveron is an emerging artist entering her third year at Emily Carr University and working towards a Major in Ceramics and Sculpture with a Minor in Art history. Once her degree in Visual Fine Arts is completed Kathleen would love to pursue a career as a professional artist and also teach art at the high school level.
For now Kathleen runs her own shop on Etsy, Kathleen McGiveron Ceramic Art. In this shop you can find all of her ceramic art creations including: wall art, tiles, candles and pendants. Her ceramic art is seemingly inspired by nature and the use of natural colors. Kathleen McGiveron Ceramic Art experiments with different designs and textures as well as an array of color choices in her works. This is most commonly demonstrated in her huge variety of ceramic pendants.
The pendant above was created by Kathleen McGiveron Ceramic Art specifically for the Dirty Thirty Ultimate Birthday Gift Giveaway. l love the dark coloring and the unique design on the ceramic pendant. Definitely a unique pendant.
The Whistler Ceramic pendant featured above is one of my favorites that is available at Kathleen McGiveron Ceramic Art. I really like the use of colors and how the blue is separate from the red and the rest of the design. This pendant 2" tall and 1" wide. It is made of white, earthen ware clay and is signed and dated on the back.
In addition to the 42 ceramic pendants currently available Kathleen McGiveron also has a clearance section of pendants that are all only $2.50 each!
I love the candles that Kathleen McGiveron Ceramic Art makes. She creates the pots that the candles sit in by producing them on a pottery wheel. The pots are made with a medium fire clay so that each piece will be able to take a lot of heat. Bee’s wax has been melted into the pot for an organic continuation of this unscented candle. After the candle burns through, the pot itself can be reused for anything that you like. Below is one of my favorites, Mirrored Stars, and it is availabe for $20.
Kathleen McGiveron Ceramic Art also creates tiles that can be used for a variety of purposes. From home decor to wall art the unique animal casts on the tiles are one of a kind. All tiles come in three colors: Dark Grey, Caramel, and Evergreen. All of these colors add to the natural feeling that the tiles create. Each tile is 4x4 and comes in a variety of different animal designs. My favorite tile is called Raven on a Branch and is shown below. Each tile is $18.
If you are a ceramics enthusiast I'm sure that you will love the artistic ceramic design of Kathleen McGiveron. Please go check out her shop, Kathleen McGiveron Ceramic Art.
*If you haven't all ready go enter the PPM Dirty Thirty Birthday Bash Ultimate Birthday Giveaway. Kathleen McGiveron has donated the ceramic pendant shown above to the Ultimate Birthday gift.*
Kathleen McGiveron Ceramic Art is offering one Pretty Pink Momma reader a $10 gift certificate to her shop, and free shipping is included for any pendant. *If the winner would like to use their gift certificate on any other item they will need to pay for shipping costs*
How to Enter: Visit Kathleen McGiveron Ceramic Art and comment back on this post which item you would like to spend your $10 gift certificate on.
Get extra entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry.
- Get TWO Extra entries for posting the Dirty Thirty Birthday Bash button on your site, leave the url link in your comments.
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter.
- Get SEVEN Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma, leave seven comments.
- Get TWO Extra entries if you Grab the Pretty Pink Momma button, comment on which url you posted it to, leave two comments
- Follow Pretty Pink Momma and Kathleen McGiveron on Blogger, if you all ready follow just put that in your comment
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave five comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get FOUR Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and Kathleen McGiveron on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway, please use the #giveaway hashtag in your tweet. Leave the tweet url in your first comment and I tweeted in the next three.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway - leave the url in one of your three comments
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Stumble this post
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to your Technoratti Favorites, leave two comments
- Add Pretty Pink Momma to any other social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add a new comment for each site.
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Wednesday November 4th. The winner will be announced Thursday November 5th. Winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget on my right sidebar. The winner will only have three days to claim their prize.