One thing is certain, I am one busy momma! I need all the help I can get to simplify my life. I love to learn about new gadgets that make my life easier. God knows that with three boys running around, EVERY little bit helps! I am such a multitasker, it seems like I am always juggling ten things at once. Just like many of you, I can't live without my cell phone. My blackberry holds all my important info and keeps me connected with my most important peeps. Which is why I was so excited to learn about the texthook!
The texthook is the ultimate smart phone holder for those of us with an active lifestyle. It allows even the busiest momma to stay in touch while on the go. The texthook tightly secures your smartphone while continuing to provide access to the touchscreen or keyboard. Why is the texthook so great do you ask? This means that you can now text, talk or email while strolling, excercising, shopping and more! It truly is what they say, "a dashboard for your mobile life.
Being a mom to three boys I am now on my third stroller. All of my strollers have had compartments and cupholders to store things but they always end up getting filled up with all the stuff that my kids needed as we were strolling. There was never any room for my cell phone. I can't tell you how many important texts and calls I missed because I didn't hear my cell phone in either my pocket or my purse. With the texthook that won't ever happen again. I will be able to keep all of my kids crap organized and using the stroller compartments and have a special, easy to use, place to keep track of my cell phone.
I also seem to have this problem when I am the grocery store too. I try not bring my stroller in if I can help it. The texthook will easily attach to any shopping cart handle which is awesome if you have your shopping list displayed on your phone. I think that I might actually try this next time when I am doing my late night shopping after the kids are in bed. I usually just have my list on a post-it and stick it to the cart. Sometimes the post-it falls off, which leaves me trying to remember what was on the list. I think that this is great if you are alone or have older kids that you are taking to the store with you, but if I know that if I were to put my 18 month old in the seat and attach the texthook there would be some problems.
Another thing that I like about the texthook is that I can also use it to attach to my treadmill when I am exercising. I love that I can do that because there really isn't a good spot for it anywhere else on my treadmill. My treadmill has cupholders but for some reason the bottom of them have holes big enough for my cell phone to slip through. One great feature about the texthook is that the cradle rotates 180 degrees so you are able to view you smartphone from any angle. Below is a picture of my blackberry in the texthook attached to my treadmill.
The texthook is really easy to set up too. It all ready comes assembled in the box when you receive it. You just need to the velcro around the handlebar and tighten it. Then place your phone into the cradle and then move the slider down over the phone. To release your phone you simply squeeze the tabs on the backside and slide up. Voila! You are now ready to text on the go!
The only downside of the texthook that I can think of is that it makes your phone more noticeable to others. Which could be a potential for theft if you have your back turned while trying to chase the kiddos around. This alone would not detour me from using my texthook. All though theft is a possibility, it really just depends on how probable it is where you are using your texthook. However, this would not be a problem if you were using it on your stationary treadmill or cycle.
I would definitely suggest this as a great gift idea for any tech savvy person on the go. Those that love to stay connected using their smartphones will surely appreciate the ease and convenience of the texthook. Perfect for any stroller, shopping cart, bicycle or piece of exercise equipment. It is also small enough to keep in your glovebox, purse or diaper bag without getting in the way.
You can get your own at texthook for only $25.99. Visit thetexthook.com to learn more about the texthook and how it can work for you. There you can also find a list of texthook compatible phones.
One lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader is going to get a texthook of their very own!
How to enter: Visit thetexthook.com and comment back on this post telling me what you would attach your texthook to when using it. Open to US and Canadian residents only.
Get extra entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry.
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get SEVEN Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and texthook leave seven comments.
- Get TWO Extra entries if you Grab the Pretty Pink Momma button, comment on which url you posted it to, leave two comments
- Get ONE Extra entry for following Pretty Pink Momma with Google Friend Connect, if you all ready follow just put that in your comment
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave five comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get SIX Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and texthook on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Please copy and paste this into your tweet:
With @texthook you can text on the go! Enter this #giveaway to #win http://is.gd/5zjHO #stroller #mom
- Get TWO extra entries per day for tweeting daily - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway - leave the url in one of your three comments
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Stumble this post
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to your Technoratti Favorites, leave two comments
- Add Pretty Pink Momma to any other social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add a new comment for each site.
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Thursday January 14th. Winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget on my right sidebar. The winner will have three days to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.