Finally! Clothing Designed for Kids With Sensory Issues - Soft Clothing Review and Giveaway ***FIVE Winners***
In a recent post I shared with you how my oldest son Oscar suffers from sensory issues. Particularly when it comes to clothing. It doesn't matter what I do or say, if he doesn't think that a shirt, or pair of pants for that matter, "feels right" he won't wear it. I still have to help him get dressed in the morning sometimes if he can't find an outfit that is suitable. Meanwhile his younger brother is capable of just walking in the closet and picking something out, putting it on and getting on with his day. Oscar has to try on two or three shirts sometimes before he will find the one that doesn't irritate him. Needless to say it has been a source of great agony for both of us.
When Soft Clothing contacted me about reviewing one of their Soft Sensory Tee shirts I was grateful. Why grateful you ask? I had no idea that there was even a clothing company out there that catered to the needs of kids with this sensory issue. I was curious to see how Oscar would react to the shirt he was sent, he is the ultimate test for this type of clothing.
About Soft Clothing
Soft Clothing is the first line of clothing designed with children that are extra sensitive to the texture and feel of clothing. Many children today suffer from Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD and Tactile Defensiveness. Soft Clothing is made from 100% of the softest combed cotton, has wide collars, encased elastic waistbands, printed labels (tagless), custom fits, and much more. This unique line of clothing was the brainchild of a mom and a special education teacher with several goals in mind. Soft Clothing addresses unique sensory needs while enhancing social skills, sensory organization and concentration. The best part is that neither child or parent will have to sacrifice style for function.
The Soft Sensory Tee Review
The day that the shirt came Oscar and I were both excited. He was so happy to be able to try on a shirt that he could feel comfortable in. Currently all of his shirts are about two sizes larger than he is in order to aide his comfort. When I first saw the shirt I immediately assumed that it would not work for Oscar. It was really soft and tagless but it was very narrow. I know it only seemed narrow because I am so used to Oscar wearing oversized shirts. With other tee shirts Oscar has tried that seem to be more form fitting, if he got them on, he would immediately freak out. The shirt did have a wide collar which was awesome because if he has any problems getting a shirt over his head he starts to have a panic attack. I was nervous as to how he was going to react to wearing a shirt that was more fit to size.
Oscar's first impression was that the shirt was really soft. He noticed that before he even tried to put it on. He really wanted to try it on as soon as he saw it, and because I was just as curious as he was I let him. To my surprise, he LOVED it! He said it was comfortable and soft. I seriously couldn't believe my ears! Now, I must admit, I wasn't prepared to call this shirt awesome just yet. I know my son and he can quickly change his mind about how a shirt feels from one day to the next - and I hadn't washed it yet. I am pleased to report that Oscar continues to wear this shirt each week. Not once has he freaked out when putting it on or decided that it didn't fit minutes after wearing it. This shirt is the only one that he owns that actually fits him to size. I am so impressed with Soft Sensory Tee, I would recommend it to anyone that has a child with sensory issues. The Soft Clothing motto definitely rings true - Dress Up Without the Drama!
The Soft Sensory Tee is available for only $10! In my opinion I that is a steal! I can't tell you how many times I have bought tee shirts only to bring them home and have Oscar disapprove of them. These super soft shirts are available in six different colors and are unisex.
Please visit Soft Clothing to see the full line of clothing available for children with sensory or tactile sensitivity.
Soft Clothing is offering FIVE lucky Pretty Pink Momma readers one Soft Sensory Tee of their choice.
How to Enter: *****Giveaway is now closed*****
This giveaway is open to US, Canada and the UK.
Get extra entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get FIVE Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and Soft Clothing, leave five comments.
- Get TWO Extra entries if you Grab the Pretty Pink Momma button, comment on which url you posted it to, leave two comments
- Get THREE Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with
- Get SIX Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave six comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and softclothing on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please
Does your child have a high sensitivity to clothing and textures? #Win one of 5 @softclothing tees. #giveaway ends 3/23 http://is.gd/9xW1S
- Get TWO extra entries per day for tweeting daily - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway OR submit this giveaway on any giveaway listing site - leave the url in one of your three comments.
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to your Technoratti Favorites, leave two comments
- Add Pretty Pink Momma to any other social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add one comment for each site.
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until March 28th. Winner will be chosen using the Truly
Congratulations to all FIVE winners: Shell, Sylvia, jenzen69, erin m. and Bethany!!!!!
*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. For product reviews I am only compensated in product for the sole purpose of writing an honest review. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*