Kiss Me I'm Irish! Kissably Soft Lips Just In Time for St. Patrick's Day - Softlips Review and Giveaway
I don't know about you, but at certain points during the winter season I get some serious chapped lips sometimes. No one wants to kiss chapped lips! Ewww! I don't like using the regular run of the mill chapsticks either because the textures and flavors just seem funky to me. I always do try to keep some kind of lip protectant on me at all times for two reasons. The first is that I can't stand dry lips, its just gross. The second is that its part of my beauty regimen before I apply any kind of lipgloss or lipstick. It seems to make all the difference in the application process.
Recently I was given the opportunity to review the Winter collection of Softlips. I was more than thrilled because I used to use Softlips regularly when I was a preteen and throughout highschool. I'm not sure why I stopped using it. I think it was due to my early twenties when I lived for trying out new lip gloss daily. I don't know why but Softlips always brings back memories of seventh grade for me. There were two things that any girl who was even remotely popular had to possess, Malibu Musk being one and Softlips being the other. I think every single girl in my middle school used Softlips. Oh, and the Malibu Musk - that led to one very smelly girls locker room! I am so glad, and I'm sure that everyone else in my family was too, that Malibu Musk was out of style by the eighth grade!
Softlips, however, has stayed popular throughout the decades. I am not really surprised. It is wonderful product. When I used Softlips again for the first time in several years the reason why I loved it so much came flooding back to me. It just feels good on my lips, plain and simple. The taste is subtle and not overwhelming, which for me is very important. Softlips coats my lips and it doesn't feel waxy like regular chapsticks feel. There are several different flavors to choose from too. I am so loving the Sugar Cookie flavor right now. The size of each little tube is perfect too. I can keep it in my pocket and its hardly noticeable. I am definitely a Softlips fan for life.
Features of Softlips
- Lip conditioning balm that leaves the lips smooth
- Very pleasing light flavors
- Protects lips from the elements because it is made with SPF 20 and other moisturizing emollients with a sheer glossing effect
- The products are conveniently packaged in slim sticks so that women may carry them in their pockets, purses or make-up cases
- Softlips can be used under or over lipstick as part of one's daily lip care regimen
- Softlips should be applied liberally to the lips as needed if the they are exposed to the elements such as direct sunlight, cold or wind
- Dimethicone 2% (skin protectant)
- Octinoxate 7.5% (sunscreen)
- Octisalate 3% (sunscreen)
- Oxybenzone 3% (sunscreen)
- Available in mass retail, supermarkets and drug stores
- The suggested retail price for one 0.07 ounce stick is $2.79
- The suggested retail price for the value pack which contains two Softlips sticks for $3.99
- Softlips can be found in the lip care section of the cough/cold aisles of food, as well as in special displays or near the checkout of select retailers
- The Softlips limited edition Winter flavors, dual packs, Sugar and Spice with Vanilla and Sugar Plum Berry with Cherry are available at Target
- The Softlips limited edition Winter flavors, dual packs, Sugar Cookie with Cherry and Winter Mint with Vanilla are available at Walgreens
- Mint with a hint of Vanilla
- Raspberry with Green Tea Extract
- Winter Mint
- Sugar Cookie
- Sugar & Spice
- Sugar Plum Berry
One lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader will win FOUR dual packs of Softlips lip protectant, that's EIGHT tubes in all! The four flavor packs that the winner will receive will be: Cherry and Sugar Cookie, Sugar & Spice and Vanilla, Sugar Plum Berry and Cherry, and lastly, Mint with a Hint of Vanilla and Vanilla. This Softlips prize package is valued at approximately $16.
How to Enter: Giveaway is now closed. This giveaway is open to US residents only.
Congratulations to Tamara B!
Get extra entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get FIVE Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and Softlips, leave five comments.
- Get TWO Extra entries if you Grab the Pretty Pink Momma button, comment on which url you posted it to, leave two comments
- Get THREE Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with
- Get SIX Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave six comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and ILoveSoftlips on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please
Chapped lips? Protect your lips with @ILoveSoftlips.#Win lots of Softlips -enter to #win this #giveaway before 3/31 #kiss http://is.gd/a6VhD
- Get TWO extra entries per day for tweeting daily - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway OR submit this giveaway on any giveaway listing site - leave the url in one of your three comments.
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to your Technoratti Favorites, leave two comments
- Add Pretty Pink Momma to any other social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add one comment for each site.
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Wednesday March 31st. Winner will be chosen using the Truly
*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. For product reviews I am only compensated in product for the sole purpose of writing an honest review. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*