I hate fruit flies. Who doesn't really? They are pesky, annoying, not to mention disgusting little things that land on my food spreading God knows how many germs. They have been bugging me more than ever now that I am on the Nutrisystem program because having lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in stock on hand is an absolute necessity. Thankfully through the Family Review Network I was able to get my hands on the Terro Fruit Fly Trap for review. The day that the Terro Fruit Fly Trap arrived, I was more than ready to stick it to those nasty little suckers.
About the Terro Fruit Fly Trap (taken from the press release)
TERRO® is the industry leader in ant control and has been a trusted brand in pest control products for more than 90 years. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, the company offers proven ant and pest control products, including liquid ant baits, aerosol sprays, perimeter granules and ant dust products.
“TERRO Fruit Fly Traps are designed to lure adult fruit flies, using a special non-toxic food-based liquid lure,” says Stew Clark, technical director for TERRO pest control products. “Flies that enter the trap can't escape to continue breeding.”
New TERRO Fruit Fly Traps not only get rid of fruit flies, they are environmentally safe and the apple-shaped trap looks right at home in any kitchen.
The Terro Fruit Fly Trap has three simple steps to follow to get it working ASAP for you. First you must open the yellow lid on the top of the apple shaped trap. Then squirt all of the food based, non-toxic liquid lure into the trap. Set the trap near common breeding areas like a bowl of unrefrigerated fruit or a garbage. Voila! Done. Just wait for the fruit flies to meet their doom.
The solution will last for a total of thirty days at which point you can dispose of the trap and replace it with a new one. Watch the informative video below that showcases how the Terro Fruit Fly Trap works.
The day I received the Terro Fruit Fly Trap I immediately put it use. The set up was quick and simple and within hours fruit flies were flocking to the trap. I had a mixture of feelings about this. On one hand I thought it was so cool how quickly it worked and I was amazed to see the flies just conglomerating on the faux apple. Then on the other hand I was super disgusted when I realized how many flies were actually taking over my kitchen. Blech!
Here are some pictures of the flies hanging out on the trap shortly after I set it up.
|There are seven flies in this pic by my count - that you can see!|
Within two weeks check out what is sitting inside the trap at the bottom
|By my count it seems like there are anywhere between 45-50 flies in the trap|
By the third week it seems that its not attracting the flies like it used to. Which is a good thing in my opinion. I hardly ever see fruit flies any more which I have taken to mean that because the adult flies are dead that I have stopped them from breeding. Don't get me wrong I will still see an occasional fly or two but that's it. I definitely don't see them in the swarms that it seemed was flocking to my fruit on the counter. In my opinion the Terro Fruit Fly Trap works as well as it claims to and I am happy to be rid of those disgusting little flies!
The traps retail for about $8.99 and can be purchased on line at www.terro.com. Or contact Terro at 1-800-837-7644 for the location of a store near you.
The best price that I have found online is from Amazon for only $7.28!
One lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader will win TWO Terro Fruit Fly Traps to help rid the fruit flies from their home. ARV $18.
How to Enter: Giveaway is now closed.Visit Terro.com and comment back on this post telling me one other product from Terro that you would be interested in giving a try. Open to US only.
|Congratulations to Angela!|
Get Extra Entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry
- Get FIVE Extra entries for subscribing by email to the Terro Blog - What's Bugging Stew?
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get THREE Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and Terro, leave three comments.
- Get THREE Extra entries for posting about this giveaway on the Terro Facebook wall. Put this in your wall post:
- Get TWO Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with
Google Friend Connect, if you all ready follow just put that in one of your two comments
- Get TWO Extra entries for grabbing my new button, leave two comments
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave five comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and TerroDeadAnts on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please
copy and pastethis into your tweet:
#Win TWO Terro Fruit Fly Traps from @PrettyPinkMomma #Giveaway ends 9/26 http://tiny.cc/m5lxc #pests
- Get ONE extra entry per DAY for tweeting, - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway OR submit this giveaway on any giveaway listing site - leave the url in one of your three comments.
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Thursday September 30th. One winner will be chosen using the Truly
*This post was written for Family Review Network & Terro who provided the complimentary product for review and giveaway in exchange for my honest opinion. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*