I live with one of the biggest Harry Potter enthusiasts out there, my husband. He has read all the books, seen all the movies and owns them too. His love for Harry Potter has trickled down to my boys who now love the movies just as much as their dad does. I have to admit, it wasn't really my type of movie or book but he has forced me to go with him to every movie so by default I fell in love with the characters and the plots of the story as well. Now my oldest is starting to read the first book in the series and he loves it. Seeing that we are a family of muggles/Harry Potter enthusiasts we were all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Harry Potter A Pop Up Book.
When I was given the opportunity to review the book before it even hit the shelves our whole family was extremely excited. We all wanted to see what this book was all about and how it depicted the scenes from the movie. Let's just say it did not disappoint. The book includes five main pop ups, interactive features and several side pops that look absolutely awesome when they are in full pop up form. The book includes original artwork from Andrew Williamson, the concept artist for all eight of the Harry Potter films. The color, the quality and the scene depictions are high quality and quite awesome. My sons were amazed as they opened each page, so were my husband and I. Below are some examples of this eye popping pop up.
|Magical Sports and Games|
I bet you've never seen a pop up book that is as artistically creative and lifelike as that right? This book is simply amazing and a must have for all Harry Potter enthusiasts. In our case I think that our five year old loved it the most. He doesn't know how to read yet so this book was really cool for him because its meant for all ages to enjoy. He was so excited about this book he had to share it with all the kids in the neighborhood. I caught some video of him taking break from riding his bike outside to share it with our next door neighbor. He thought that it was pretty cool too! Check out this video of my son bragging about this book to his buddy.
Harry Potter A Pop Up Book is set to release on November 16th, 2010, just prior to the release of the highly anticipated Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part One movie. The book is currently available for pre-order from Amazon for only 19.22 which is an awesome deal considering when it hits the shelves at your local book retailer the suggested retail price is $34.95.
One lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader will win a copy of Harry Potter A Pop Up Book of their own! (ARV $34.95)
How to Enter: Giveaway is now closed. Comment on this post telling me who your favorite Harry Potter character is or tell me what your favorite Harry Potter movie is. Giveaway open to US only
Get Extra Entries! - Be sure to leave a comment for each extra entry
- Get 3 Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get 3 Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma, leave three comments.
- Get 2 Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with Google Friend Connect, if you all ready follow just put that in one of your two comments
- Get 2 Extra entries for grabbing my new button, leave two comments
- Get 5 Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave five comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get 3 Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please copy and paste this into your tweet:
#Win #HarryPotter A Pop Up #Book! A top #holiday #gift this season for Harry Potter enthusiasts! #Giveaway ends 11/30 http://is.gd/gRv96
- Get 1 extra entry per day for tweeting, - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get 3 Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway OR submit this giveaway on any giveaway listing site - leave the url in one of your three comments.
- Get 5 Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
- Get 2 Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to any social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add two comments for each site. The bottom of each post is now fully equipped with several different sharing options for your convenience!
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Tuesday November 30th. One winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget located in the footer. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.
*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. I received an advanced copy of Harry Potter A Pop Up Book in order to properly review the product before its release. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*