I love giving and receiving personalized gifts. and gifts with photos are the best! I love the look of scrapbooks but I have to admit I am not a big scrapper. I just don't like putting forth all the effort it takes to put a scrapbook together. So here I am, mother of three, with no photos to show for it. Don't get me wrong, I have tons of pictures - they are just on my computer. I have dealt with this mommy guilt long enough so I created a Mixbook that chronicled the first years of my three sons'.
Mixbook allows its users to create beautiful photobooks online by easily uploading pictures and then staging them in books that are created to look like scrapbooks. Or if you don't like that look you can simply just add pictures in whatever way you like. Each book is completely customizable. If you need the help to get the creative juices flowing they have templates to guide you or if you are scrapbook savvy and have a good idea of what you want you can make it whatever you want it to be.
Personally I don't have a lot of scrapping experience so it was really nice to have the templates as a guideline to get my creative juices flowing. When creating your book you can choose the picture layout and then customize each photo size and location within the layout. Then you can change the backgrounds and add flair. Put text anywhere you like and change the fonts and colors to what you like best. I had such a great time creating my Mixbook - check out some of the pages that I created:
Photobooks are free to create and share - no download is required. You and your friends can upload photos from Flickr, Facebook, Picasa, Yahoo Search, Photobucket and Smug Mug. Once the photos are uploaded to your project its super easy to just drag and drop your pics in the correct places and then continue to edit them from there if you wish. I also love that once your photos are uploaded you can use them for any project you create. Its so cool that friends can create a Mixbook together too! In this day and age of photo sharing its nice to be able to have your friends and their photos to collaborate with. Its super easy to get started, watch this quick demo to see just how cool it is!
The idea center is full of great examples of what you can do with your Mixbook. From weddings to birthdays, memory books and more, these ideas will help you to create the perfect book to display your precious memories.
I really loved my finished product. My boys loved me for making it too! They love to look at baby pictures of themselves and their brothers, which has been hard for them to do considering I keep them locked away in a file in my flash drive. I am so proud of the book I created and I definitely feel like a much better mom now that I have a book showcasing my babies and their growth. It slightly eases the guilt I have for never filling out their baby books. Check out the finished product! I created a landscape 8.5x11 photobook:
Mixbook photobooks range in price from $6.99 - $49.99, depending upon the size book that you wish to create. Mixbook also has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Which means if you are unhappy with your finished product they will replace it for you free of charge!
Special Discount for Pretty Pink Momma readers!
Simply enter PINKMIX20 at check out and you will receive a 20% discount off of your order! How awesome is that?
Mixbook is offering one lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader a code for a free 20 page, 11x8.5 hardcover landscape photo books with free US ground shipping. Expiration date: 01/31/11 at 11:59 pm PST. ARV $29.99
How to Enter: Visit the gallery on Mixbook.com and comment back on this post telling me which theme you like the best. Giveaway open to all - but free shipping only applies to US Ground.
Get Extra Entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry
- Get 2 Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get 3 Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and Mixbook, leave three comments.
- Get 3 Extra entries for posting about this giveaway on the Mixbook Facebook Wall. In your wall post simply state what special event or holiday that you want to create a Mixbook for and that Pretty Pink Momma sent you.
- Get 2 Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with Google Friend Connect, if you all ready follow just put that in one of your two comments
- Get 2 Extra entries for putting me in your text blog roll
- Get 2 Extra entries for grabbing my new button, leave two comments
- Get 5 Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave five comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get 3 Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and Mixbook on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please copy and paste this into your tweet:
#Win a Mixbook #photobook @PrettyPinkMomma ARV $30 #giveaway ends 12/31 #photo #family #photoalbum #giftsforher http://is.gd/iILC1
- Get 1 extra entry for tweeting- no more than once per day, - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get 3 Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway OR submit this giveaway on any giveaway listing site - leave the url in one of your three comments.(3 entries per site listed or blogged about on)
- Get 5 Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
- Get 5 Extra entries if you submit this post to Delicious
- Get 5 Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to any social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add five comments for each site. The bottom of each post is now fully equipped with several different sharing options for your convenience!
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Friday December 31st. One winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget located in the footer. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.
*I received this product for review purposes only. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and no other monetary compensation took place. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*