I have three boys 7.5, 6 and 2.5 so I have been in potty training mode for nearly five years now. Wow. It seems like such a long time when I have to write it out...and its not over yet. To get our young children for the "big event" that is potty training we purchase all kinds of apparatus, charts, seats and rewards. Anything that will help this process along. Obviously the most important of all necessities is the potty seat. But, before your child can even attempt to sit down on the potty seat they will need a potty training stool to get them there safe and sound.
Over the last five years I have owned many stools. Some were great others not so much. The worst was the cute looking one I had with pink rubber feet (toes and all) that dyed my bathroom floor hot pink. And all though many of the stools got the job done there were never any that were a perfect fit. It seems my search is never over but the newest addition to my stool collection is the Little Looster and so far its wonderful!
The Little Looster
The Little Looster is a U-shaped plastic step stool that fits up against the front of the big potty. It's patented design provides kids the optimal leg position and support while using the big potty. Kids as a result are potty training months quicker which is saving parents hundreds on diaper expenses and greatly reducing the amount of diapers in landfills. The shape of the Looster is also ideal for adults to not have to move the stool every time they use the bathroom and it even has cutouts for the boys and men of the house's feet.
- Provides total comfort & leg support for years of use. No more painful pins-n-needles feeling when little legs are not supported.
- Promotes complete certainty. No scary feeling of “falling in.” Kids legs do all the work.
- Allows children to have their hands free at all times. No need to grip the back of the toilet seat or the inner, germ covered rim.
We have been using the Little Looster for a week now and we love it! I have to admit, when I took it out of the box it look really big. I honestly didn't think that this stool would possibly stay out of my way when I sat down on the potty myself. But it totally did! This is a huge plus for me because one of the reasons that I completely stopped using the boys bathroom is the fact that I hated moving the stool around every time I had to go and then having them move it back when they they needed to go. The Little Looster stays put and in place. Here is a picture of our Little Looster set up in the boys bathroom:
My oldest doesn't require a potty seat or stool so its really nice that the Little Looster doesn't get in the way of his bathroom time either. My 6 year old on the other hand loves having the larger stool and repeatedly thanked me for this much needed addition. I have to say that I am most excited for my 2.5 year old to use it. He has been resistant to potty training so far but his little eyes lit up at the site of the Little Looster. I think that it will definitely take the fear out of being off of the ground and he will feel safe and secure. Keeping my fingers crossed that he will pick up potty training way faster than his older brothers.
In fact, parents using the Little Looster are training their little ones two months earlier. That saves approximately $175/per child and over 425 diapers that are no longer filling the landfills. The Little Looster is helping families not only save green but go green too!
So far the only downside that I can think of for this product is the fact that I have three boys and the aim is never perfect - if you know what I mean. I think that the Little Looster will see its fair share of splashes and aiming mishaps. What my husband and I both really like about the Little Looster is that we can easily throw it in the bathtub and give it a quick wash to keep things sanitary. With three boys, believe me, that is a huge plus.
If you are training a little one to use the loo I really think that the Little Looster is a wonderful accessory to have. A chic little kid must have for sure!
You can buy the Little Looster for $34.99 at www.littlelooster.com. It's also available at select retailers and other online stores. For a complete list please visit the littlelooster.com.
Little Looster is graciously offering one lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader a Little Looster of their very own!
How to Enter: Giveaway is now closed. Visit www.littlelooster.com and comment back on this post telling me your favorite feature of the Little Looster. Giveaway open to US residents only.
Get Extra Entries! - leave a separate comment for each extra entry
- Get 2 Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and Little Looster
- Get 2 Extra entries for leaving a comment on the Little Looster Facebook wall and somewhere in the comment reference being sent to the page by Pretty Pink Momma.
- Get 1 Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with Google Friend Connect, if you all ready follow just put that in your comment
- Get 3 Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts- you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get 3 Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and @LoosterMama on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please copy and paste this into your tweet:
- Get 1 extra entry per day for tweeting, - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get 5 Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to any social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add five comments for each site. The bottom of each post is fully equipped with several different sharing options for your convenience!
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Wednesday April 27th. One winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget located in the footer. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.
*This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. I received this product for review purposes only. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and no other monetary compensation took. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*