Check Out This Great Father's Day Poem and Gift Idea - Simple and Heartfelt




One of my husband's most treasured Father's Day gifts was created by my son when he was in preschool.  It's simply a heartfelt poem accompanied with my son's footprint.  He received it two years in a row and loves each one equally because they represent two totally different years for our son.


























This special gift is easy to recreate and will be sure to warm any Dad's heart.  There are so many ways to make this gift and personalize it.  The simplest would be to print the poem out on card stock or  any paper that you like as long as its big enough to leave room for a child's foot print either above, below or to the side of it.  You could also make this a group gift from all of your children and have room for each one of their footprints.

Then grab some non toxic finger paint and paint up your child's foot and then carefully place it on your printout.  Once its dry you can either give it as is or you can find a gorgeous frame that will protect it forever.



Walk a Little Slower Daddy

"Walk a Little slower, Daddy." said a little child so small.
I'm following in your footsteps and I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower Daddy, for you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up, You're what I want to be.
Then I will have a little child who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you!!

- Author Unknown



The perfect way to wrap it up is with homemade wrapping paper.  My six year old just delivered his gift in this paper that he made himself.  It's great when the wrapping paper becomes a keepsake itself.









Kimberly

Comments