Shop to Make the World a Better Place with GiveBack.org
By Alison Ashton, GiveBack.org Outreach Team
You already love the convenience (and fun!) of shopping online. Did you know that almost every purchase you make can also support your favorite charities? All you have to do is launch your own charitable foundation at GiveBack.org.
Founded by Stephen Paletta, the winner of Oprah’s Big Give contest in 2008, GiveBack.org is a digital platform that makes it easy to set up a personal foundation and organize all your charitable donations in one place. Charities range from the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, the ASPCA and Share Our Strength to many small, local nonprofits.
Even better, you can rack up donations by shopping online with any of GiveBack.org’s 400 partner merchants. In less time than it takes to order mascara at Sephora.com or buy back-to-school clothes for the kids at Gap.com (yep, both are part of GiveBack’s merchant network), you can set up a foundation and populate it with your favorite charities. Up to 15% of every purchase goes toward your foundation.
Your online purchases will go even further if you start your foundation now and enter GiveBack.org’s "100 Days of Giving" contest. One member wins $1,000 for his or her foundation every day until July 16. The person with the most Impact Points by July 17 will win the $50,000 grand prize! GiveBack.org’s Impact Zone makes it easy to collect Impact Points:
● 10 points for every charity you add to your foundation
● 20 points for every day you shop from GiveBack’s 400 online partner merchants, such as Red Envelope, Target.com or World Market.
● 25 points for each day you share GiveBack’s message with friends via Facebook, Twitter or e-mail
● 50 points for each day you make a donation (for as little as $1!)
● 100 points for telling us the story about your GiveBack charities (plus a chance to win an extra $500 for your foundation)
Visit GiveBack.org for more details, to launch your own foundation and start shopping and check out this video to find out more about how Giveback works!
*This guest post content was created and sponsored by Giveback.org*