Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I can't believe that tomorrow my youngest baby boy will turn one year old! I would never put off getting a present or food for the party, that is coming up this weekend, to the last minute, nope not me! And I would never expect my inlaws to do all the food prep and cooking while I sit around on my lazy bum and chat it up with the party guests, aka - my bff's! Not me! Did I also mention that I would never force my inlaws to host the party either - and then laugh as I send them an invitation to a party at their house! Nope, not me!

Because of the total chaos surrounding this last week I have slacked a little in my blog posting, sad but true. I would never just enjoy the fact that my husband had Friday off and celebrate by doing housework all day - not even touching my blog - nope, not me! I was so happy to be able to get a ton of things accomplished that is usually impossible with three little ones to juggle. I would never give myself a total pat on the back for being an awesome organizer after completely cleaning out and redoing the guest bedroom, nope not me! I would never wish that I took a before and after pic though - than you could see exactly why I am so proud, not me.

The guest bedroom is my biggest accomplishment lately. I would never completely rearrange, organize, add a TV/DVD combo with cable and a mini fridge in an effort to please my parents. Nope not me, and I would never expect a huge WOW from them when they see their new diggs, not me! All this so my Dad will not have to compete with my boys for TV time when he and my mom are here visiting for a month. I would never do all this in order to make my parents feel like they are in a hotel - a hotel with loud, screaming children that is. A hotel that they wish that they could stay in but can't afford to for a whole month. I would never plan all this in anticipation of their impending arrival on Wednesday - nope, not me!

I am also now not totally overwhelmed with having to plan yet another birthday party for Oscar who will be six on August 2, nope not me! I would never ever put off sending out invites and reserving the place until the last minute, nope not me! I do think that this is something that I should probably do today, but I know that I probably won't. I am not a total procrastinator when it comes to parties, especially when it is one right after the other, not me, *sigh*.

Comments

Foursons said…
My little one turns 5 on Aug. 9th and you've sent me into panic mode now. I guess I should start planning now, huh?
I panic around birthday time too.
rachaelgking said…
You should be proud!!! I can't even organize my closet, let alone a whole guest room...
Anonymous said…
This is awesome! add something awesome to your organized room, or to your kids room that makes it just a little bit more fun. http://bit.ly/3121p check this out!
Liz Mays said…
Everything is going to be perfect! Happy birthday to your little one! :)
Cascia Talbert said…
I have a birthday party to plan too. My youngest will be 2 on July 17. It is hard to plan a birthday party when you are eight months pregnant and your ob doctor just told you that the baby could be born any day now because I have been having contractions...now how would I rephrase that for not me Monday...

I am not worried about my son's second birthday coming up and am not stressing about the fact that my baby could also be born any day now, no not me!

Fun meme!