If I haven't told you before, but I'm sure I've mentioned it, Benji loves music and couldn't live without his CD collection. I am always on the hunt for great tunes that he can listen to that well, quite frankly, I can too. Because if he likes something I will hear it all the time while he is playing DJ, carrying his boombox all over the house. Honestly I am pretty over all the really preschool-y, preschool songs if you know what I mean. My adult brain can only handle so much. So any kids music that I find appealing, interesting or just plain fun - I'm down for. I was really excited when I was given the opportunity to review Tracey Singer's debut kids' CD, Sweets 'n' Treats.
Tracey Singer, a San Diego based singer/songwriter, gave up his career at a Fortune 100 company to become a stay at home Dad to four children, all under the age of nine! “Once my first child was born I knew I wanted to be with her,” says Singer, “and frankly music has always won over any other pursuits.” Tracy Singer's love of music, combined with the love for his children, brought about a musical career shift for the this amazing Dad. That shift was to the world of children's music. Even with the challenge of taking care of four small children he still managed to write the songs for his debut album Sweets 'n' Treats. As a mother of three small children I find this to be an amazing feat!
Sweets 'n' Treats is produced by two time grammy nominee, Buck Howdy. The CD is comprised of 13 fun and silly songs aimed at teaching children how to find the humor in everyday situations. His musical style is very eclectic and song styles range from old style rock n roll to folk artsy to pop/rock to soft ballads. He introduces us to characters in his songs like Foxy Joe, Hard Hearted Haley, and my favorite Mall Mom. Mall Mom is about a fictional Mom that hangs out all the time at the mall with her daughter trying to be just like her. Other songs like Camping Trip, focus on a camping trip that has gone wild. Here is the video for the Camping Trip song so you can see how comedic this musical talent really is.
I think that Tracey Singer is such a great children's music artist! The songs are interesting and fun for parents and kids alike. Benji plays his Sweets 'n' Treats CD all the time and I really don't mind it at all. In fact, it makes me laugh too! Oscar and Benji both enjoy jamming to these tunes and this CD is definitely in the rotation for our family singalongs.
To hear a sampling of the wonderful songs on this CD you can check them out on Tracey Singer's website. If you would like to purchase this great CD it is available online at www.TraceySinger.com, cdbaby.com. amazon.com and iTunes.
One lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader will win their very own autographed copy of Sweets 'n' Treats!
To Enter: Visit www.TraceySinger.com and listen to the sampling of the songs that are on the Sweets 'N' Treats CD. Comment back on this post telling me which song either you, your child or both liked the best. This giveaway open to US and Canadian residents only.
Get Extra Entries! (remember to post a comment for each extra entry)
- Get TWO Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave two comments for each giveaway you enter.
- Get TWO Extra entries if you Grab the Pretty Pink Momma button, comment on which url you posted it to, leave two comments
- Follow Pretty Pink Momma on Blogger, if you all ready follow just put that in your comment
- Get SEVEN Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave seven comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get FOUR Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and Tracey Singer on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway, leave the tweet url in your first comment and I tweeted in the next three.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway - leave the url in one of your three comments
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Stumble this post
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to your Technoratti Favorites, leave two comments
- Add Pretty Pink Momma to any other social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add a new comment for each site.
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Sunday September 6th. The winner will be announced Monday September 7th. Winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget on my right sidebar. The winner will only have three days to claim their prize.