Marlise Karlin, who can be found at www.marlisekarlin.com, is a person just like you and me who focuses on rebooting people so they can get back on track, and ready to focus on what life has in store for them. Learning to maintain a balanced and healthy life is extremely important for coping with the stresses of everyday life. Marlise can certainly share her insight on how important it is to focus on yourself, even if it just for 3 – 5 minutes a day, and can also offer alternative methods to finding balance, as well as helpful tips and advice. Marlise teaches others about her 3 Breath Awareness tool that allows you to reboot yourself and learn to live in balance through out the day.
How to Experience 3 Breath Awareness:
- Practice first with your eyes closed. You can be standing or sitting. Close your eyes. If possible, listen to peaceful music or sit quietly in silence.
- Allow any tension in your body to be released with each breath you take.
- Breathe very deeply. Breathe so deep you can feel the air as it moves throughout every cell in your body.
- With each breath feel yourself relaxing even more.
- Place your awareness within yourself.
- After the 3rd DEEP breath, sit in the awareness. Continue breathing and looking within.
Maintain this inner focus for 1-3 minutes or longer. The level of stress you were in when you began will determine the length of time needed to feel this shift in consciousness.
- With your eyes still closed, notice if you can feel what has changed. Often, people say that even the air surrounding them has a different quality. Many feel the enlivened energy stream as it moves within them, often in the form of a tingling sensation in their hands or the top of the head and throughout their body.
- Then, open your eyes while holding onto the stillness you have just moved into. When you take action from this state of ‘being’, it will enhance all the outcomes you are looking for, as well as greatly improve your state of mind in the moment.
At this point I am definitely willing to give 3 Breath Awareness a try. I would love to learn how to balance myself within 3-5 minutes. You never know, 3 Breath Awareness just may be the answer to keeping it together until school starts again. Only 8 days left and counting...