With Christmas right around the corner I'm sure everyone, including myself, is scrambling to get those last minute gifts taken care of. I am often stumped at what I can buy when I am on a budget. As I have become a little craftier during this past year I have decided to make some gifts this year for some of my family and friends. Making gifts is a great way to give a personalized gift at a fraction of the cost that you would pay if you were to buy one. With some simple instructions and a little time you could make some great gifts that will be appreciated much more than any store bought trinket. Let's face it, time is money, and people will really appreciate the hard work that you put into making a gift just for them.
Just in case you are stumped for some creative ideas, I thought it would be fun to showcase some quick and easy gift ideas you can give to friends, neighbors, co-workers, and oh yes…even your family! You can also enter to win eBooks from You Can Make This and learn some fun new techniques, tips, and ideas not only for the people on your list, but also creative ways to decorate your home!
You Can Make This has created a free download for some fun gift tags. Each of them coordinate with ideas found as part of the DIY Gift Giving Series videos that can be found at www.youcanmakethis.com/blog , as well as designs and patterns found at www.SWAKembroidery.com and YouCanMakeThis.com.
You can also enter to win hundreds of dollars in gift certificates just for watching the videos that are part of the DIY Gift Giving Series and answering a question on the You Can Make This blog!
The following project ideas can be made for men, women and children alike. Just change the fabrics and styles depending upon who you are making the items for.
The Personalized Name Pillow is a great way to make a child feel special. There are step-by-step instructions on how to pair fabrics of your choice, appliqué, and complete this boutique pillow. This eBook comes with a pattern, alphabet cut-outs and easy instruction. Celebrate someone special with a pillow they will cherish! This pillow is made by using a general home sewing machine. You can also view the first few steps of this pillow on video for free on YCMT-TV!
This pattern shows you how to create multiple forms of the classic peasant: an elongated top, empire-style long or short dress, and more. Add ruffles, tiers and more to showcase the flattering lines of your creation even more. Even better, a doll pattern is also included so your princess and her doll can look amazing together! There are so many variations of this peasant pattern you could make a ton of boutique style outfits for girls from size 6mos to 8 years.
I love these Easy Fit Pants! The pattern is for children 6mos to 10 years, and dolls too! I really need to learn this pattern. My boys love pajama style pants so this pattern is definitely on the must have list. All though I would make pajama bottoms you could also use a dressier fabric and create cute boutique style pants too. The reviews all claim that its super easy and that you could have your pants finished in no time flat. The term "Easy-Fit" refers to both the wearing AND construction of these pants. With the detailed sizing instructions, you can make pants to specific measurements or in standard, ready-to-wear sizes.
The Easy Fit Pants are so awesome and popular for kids that there is also an Easy Fit pattern that caters to teens and adults. The pattern is for sizes from XXS all the way up to 3X. How cool would it be to make matching pants for the whole family? I think that the Easy Fit Pants would make a great gift for moms and dads alike. I know that both me and my hubby love to lounge around the house in comfy pants. With this pattern you can give the gift of comfort!
If none of these ideas inspired you head on over to You Can Make This and I am certain that you will find at least one idea out of the dozens and dozens of ideas listed there that will.
For those of you that loved the ideas shown above (and really who wouldn't?) You Can Make This is offering the patterns to all four projects listed above to TWO lucky Pretty Pink Momma readers! Just in time for the holidays too!
How to Enter: Visit You Can Make This and comment back on this post telling me what your favorite project idea offered at You Can Make This is.
Get extra entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry.
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get SEVEN Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and leave seven comments.
- Get TWO Extra entries if you Grab the Pretty Pink Momma button, comment on which url you posted it to, leave two comments
- Follow Pretty Pink Momma on Blogger, if you all ready follow just put that in your comment
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave five comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get SIX Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Please copy and paste this into your tweet:
RT @PrettyPinkMomma YouCanMakeThis #giveaway bundle create awesome #gifts using easy to follow tutorials #win #contest http://is.gd/5mEqn
- Get TWO extra entries per day for tweeting daily - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway - leave the url in one of your three comments
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Stumble this post
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to your Technoratti Favorites, leave two comments
- Add Pretty Pink Momma to any other social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add a new comment for each site.
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Monday December 21st. Winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget on my right sidebar. The winner will have ONE DAY ONLY to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.