As a mom to three crazy boys age 6 and under we use sippy cups around here like they are going out of style! Emilio needs the sippy cup because he is only 19 months and doesn't know how to properly handle a cup correctly. Benji will be five in a couple of months and he needs a sippy cup because he is constantly leaving his cups everywhere - and I don't want them getting knocked over on the couch or the carpet seeing as his number one drink of choice is chocolate milk. Oscar is 6 and a half and knows how to use a cup without a lid quite well, however, he loves to leave them where Emilio can grab them. I can't tell you how many times that his water has been knocked over on the table or the floor because he can't remember to keep it out of the little one's reach. Thank goodness his favorite drink is water! It doesn't appear that sippy cups will be leaving this household anytime soon.
One of my biggest frustrations with sippy cups is that I have never found one that is truly leak proof. My older boys are fine with the regular old Toss and Go or Munchkin brands but Emilio needs something that is spill proof. The boys need the spill proof because they are always leaving their cups where Emilio can get at it. The closest that I have come are the Avent sippy cups. Which Emilio will use but the boys will not. It seemed that I was out of luck. That is until now.
Recently I started using the Tommee Tippee line of sippy cups, including the explora ® truly spill proof sippy cup for Emilio and the explora ® truly spill proof drink cups for Oscar and Benji. I love these sippy cups! They are the best that I have come across so far. Tommee Tippee is the number one brand of infant feeding products in Great Britain. They are now available in the US, exclusively at BabiesRUs. The complete range of Explora products includes sippy cups, straw cups, water bottles, drinking cups, independent meal sets, weaning bowls, food pots and utensils for children aged 6 months and beyond.
Here is some product info for each type of cup that I received from Tommee Tippee:
What I love about the explora ® truly spill proof sippy :
- It has a hygienic cap to cover the spout
- The spout itself is soft flexible
- The Advance Flo technology made it simple for Emilio to use
- The grip on the sides are rubberized
- It is easy to take apart and clean
- It is BPA free
- Dishwasher safe
- It is larger than the average Avent sippy cup
- It is truly the closest I have come to leak proof. When its left on its side or turned upside down nothing leaks out
- The price is great! Only $7.99 for a pack of two
- I liked that the Avent cups had a handle attachment. It was easier for Emilio to grasp.
- I wish that it was insulated like the larger cups
- I have found that it is not 100% leak proof. If liquids are in the chamber below the spout and the cup is shaken they will spill out. That being said it is still the best in leak protection that I have yet to find.
- Emilio liked to play with the hygienic cap. At times he was frustrated that it wouldn't come off. He also kept trying to drink it with the cap on, it was a little confusing for him at first but mainly because he was used to the Avent cups without caps.
- It is insulated and keeps drinks colder longer
- It is large in size and holds more liquid than the average cup
- The sippy hole at the top is similar to an adult coffee cup and easy for the boys to use
- I can add milk and chocolate together in it and shake it without covering the hole or give it to Benji to shake. Other cups milk sprays everywhere!
- Easy to clean and assemble/disassemble
- Both boys loved the design and style of the cup
- Again, the price is great! Only $7.99 for a pack of two
- Just like the sippy the drink cup is not 100% spill proof either. If any liquid is in the chamber and the cup is shaken it will spill out. It is about 99% though which is pretty dang awesome in my book!
All in all, I have to say the Tommee Tippee cups are amazing! I put them to the test with all three of my boys and I was extremely satisfied with the results. I will be slowly getting rid of all of the Avent cups and trainers that I have and replace them with the Tommee Tippee brand of cups.
There are several other cup options that Tommy Tippee offers that I would like for Emilio to try. I think that the explora ® truly spill proof trainer would be great because of the handles or the explora ® truly spill proof straw cup because he can now drink out of a straw. I have tons of other cups with straws but all of them leak like crazy so I have been holding off on bringing them out for him to try.
If you are looking for new sippy I completely recommend trying out Tommy Tippee for yourself.
*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. For product reviews I am only compensated in product for the sole purpose of writing an honest review. I was supplied with the Tommee Tippee sippy and drink cups by Tommee Tippee through the Mom Bloggers Club Review Team. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*