I think that the one thing that pretty much all women have in common is that they wish they had different hair. Girls with straight hair want curls, girls with curls want stick straight hair, thick versus thin, wavy or frizzy - we all want what we can't seem to naturally produce. I fall into the way too thin, frizzy, curly hair category. Believe me, without any type of hair products or appliances, I look like the bride of Frankenstein. Not such hot look. Which is why ever since I learned what a flat iron could do for a girl like me, I was sold.
Luckily for me, one of my best friends is a professional hair stylist and she has taught me how to tame that crazy beast I call a head of hair. Last month I shared with you some great tips for flat ironing your hair and getting that fresh out of the salon look when you use your flat iron. I have learned from the pros how to to do it correctly and I am more than happy to share my wealth of knowledge. Before you can even begin to learn how to use your flat iron correctly you need to have a great flat iron to start out with. Also, one of my tips was that a great blow dryer can do wonders for your hair too. For an example check out this Chi hair dryer. There are tons of flat irons out there these days, some more effective than others. I have found that the cheap drugstore flat iron may save you some bucks but it won't straighten your hair the way that a professional flat iron does. Not even close. Many of them aren't even truly ceramic but just coated in ceramic. I have owned three different flat irons and the one I own currently is the best that I have ever used.
The flat iron I am talking about is the 100% ceramic Hana Elite 1" flat iron. I was sent this flat iron for review from Misikko. I was so excited to try this flat iron out, my Corioliss was three years old and it definitely needed to retire. I loved it but after all of the amazing reviews I read about the Hana Elite I couldn't wait to see what that baby could do!
For five years Misikko has been dedicated to providing their customers with the hottest hair styling tools and beauty products around. Misikko's goal is to educate each customer so that they can make an informed decision about what would work best for the needs of their hair. They have several "how to" videos as well as tips and tricks that the pros use so that you can achieve the salon quality look within your own home. Its quite obvious that Misikko truly wishes to cater to the needs of their clients, whether is a salon owner, professional stylist or your every day woman striving for the perfect 'do.
Hana Elite 1" - 100% Ceramic Review
I was so excited the day this flat iron arrived! I absolutely could not wait to see it in action. Upon opening the box I almost didn't want to take it out because everything was so beautifully packaged within. Once I got over the sheer beauty of the box of goodies I dug right in. I was pleased to see that the flat iron came with a heat safe silicone mat for it to rest on when in use. A fantastic idea in my opinion that I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of before. It also came with a heat safe pouch for storing it when it's not in use.
Needless to say I was dying to give this iron a try. I plugged it in and it was hot and ready to go in only a minute. I blew out my hair and then I was ready to see how well it tamed my semi frizzy locks. I couldn't believe how awesome it was! I was able to quickly go through all of the sections of hair and it quickly straightened out all of the left over frizz. I could tell that the Hana Elite got way hotter than my Corioliss ever did. Within about 10 minutes after blow drying I had the soft, silky and straight hair that I was aiming to achieve. It worked so well in fact that I was inspired to try something with it that I knew had never worked with my Corioliss.
Being a SAHM I usually shower whenever I get the chance and then let my hair air dry. In the past if I wanted to flat iron my hair after it dried I could never get it completely straight. My frizzy hair just needed the blow dryer first. With the Hana Elite I am able to let my hair air dry and then when it is convenient for me, whip out the flat iron. Most of the time my hair is still damp when I start and it still works awesome! It works so well, I honestly think that this will be the last flat iron I will ever need. It is so much easier to do my hair now than before. I used to spend at least 20-30 minutes, if not more, to get sleek, straight hair. Now I can get it done in about 10-15 minutes. That alone is truly amazing. The faster the better, I have three little boys running around at any given moment so to be able to get the same look in 10 minutes that used to take 20 is proof of how phenomenal this flat iron really is. I think that we all can agree that saving time, any way that we can, is an important selling feature. The Hana Elite is bar none the best flat iron I have ever, ever used. I definitely have started flat ironing my hair way more often since its arrival.
I was so impressed with this flat iron that I just had to show the before and after pictures.
Hana Elite Features:
The Hana Elite is available for purchase from Misikko for $229.99.
- 100% Solid Ceramic Plates Never Peel or Degrade
- Tourmaline infused into the heating elements for maximum thermal protection
- Large Integrated Ceramic Heaters with Full Plate Coverage for the Most Consistent, Conditioning Far Infrared Heat Possible
- Ceramic is naturally hygienic, protects color & retards fading
- Unique black ceramic plates won't discolor with use of products or hair dyes
- Adjustable Temperature Dial - 5 Settings from 140-450° F for All Hair Types
- Flash Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation for Heat Loss
- Safe to use on Damp to Dry Hair
- Beveled Edges mean Easy Curled, Flipped, Spiked or Straight Styles
- Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
- Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
- Sleek luxury matte finish
- Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
- Energy Efficient at 38 Watts
- Independent On/Off Switch
- Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
- Made in Korea
- Two Year Warranty
Hana Mini Flat Iron in Pink Review
As a thank you for posting about Hana's Haiti Relief efforts Misikko sent me the Hana Mini Iron in Pink as a gift. I was also very excited for this travel sized flat iron because I really wanted to see how a cute, tiny little thing would stack up against the Hana Elite 1" Flat Iron. It came just as beautifully packaged as the Hana Elite did. I love the size, and the perfect silver carry case, it fits in my purse beautifully. I live in the NW and I can't tell you how many times that I have flat ironed my hair only for it to get a little frizzed out again due to rain. I have wished many times that I had a compact iron for on the go fixes - the Hana Mini is the perfect solution! I would never take my Hana Elite in my purse, but this mini flat iron I would take anywhere.
As far as styling goes, it works well, but not as fantastic as the Hana Elite. I read the reviews on it and many women said that it was their main flat iron and they didn't have a need for any other. I personally disagree. I do love it, but for touch ups and travel when I don't want to take my Hana Elite with me. Plus, if it got lost in a luggage mishap I would be crushed but not nearly as upset if I were to lose my Hana Elite. I think I would like it more if I didn't have a completely and totally awesome flat iron to compare it to. That's why, for me, this iron is perfect for my purse. If you live in humid weather or rainy weather like me, it's a must have for those quick fixes.
Hana Mini Flat Iron Features:
The Hana Mini Flat Iron is available for $74.00
- Compact, travel friendly 5" flat iron expands to standard size (8") for ease of use
- 5/8" plates are perfect for touch-ups, details, bangs or short hair
- Tourmaline ceramic plates produce maximum negative ions and far infrared heat - sealing in your hair's natural moisture while repelling humidity to stop frizz before it starts
- Tourmaline ceramic plates are superior at creating a salon-smooth, shiny finish
- Heat is fixed at 410 degrees, suitable for styling most hair types and touch-up work on all hair types
- Comes with chic silver carry case with heart shaped zipper - case features built-in heat mat to protect counter tops and other surfaces
- Also includes stylish tin case for storage or travel
- 6' salon swivel cord
- 2 Year warranty
- Made in Korea
These were the two flat irons that I can personally attest to. There are several other popular flat irons available at Misikko for purchase. These I have also heard great things about but I personally have never tried them, but have had friends that have.
Farouk CHI Wet to Dry Flat Iron 1 1/4"
This Chi flat iron is mentioned on the Misikko Best Flat Irons category. I have to say that this one looks really awesome. I love that the setting display is digital. I think that all flat irons should be. This flat iron also has an automatic shut off, which for this absent minded and distracted mom would be a great feature to have. Also, just like the Hana Elite you can start styling with damp hair which is a huge time saver.
CHI Wet/Dry Flat Iron Features:
The CHI Wet/Dry Flat Iron is available at Misikko for $139.95
* 1-1/4" Ceramic plates
* Professional salon model
* Ceramic ionic technology eliminates frizz, creates silky shiny hair instantly
* Temperature 176F to 392F
* Curved plates for flips & curls
* Auto Digital feature offers complete versatility for temperature setting
* Digital controls allow you to set the temperature and the time
* Digital monitor allows you to see the precise temperature
* Timer with automatic shut off
* Always make sure that your hair is towel dried and combed through
* Professional salon stand
* Bonus: Includes heatproof pouch for safe storage after use or during travel
FHI 1" Flat Iron - Platform
The FHI flat iron is also one that is quite popular in the salon industry. One thing that sets it apart from the others that I have mentioned is the Nano Silver, Nano Titanium, and Nano Titanium Oxide technology that removes chemicals, bacteria and adds shine to your hair. The germaphobe in me loves this flat iron for that fact alone.
FHI Platform Features:
FHI Platform is available at Misikko for $149.99
* Adjustable Temperature: 140 to 450 Degrees F
* Ceramic Plate Size: 90mm x 26mm (3 1/2" x 1")
* Automatic Sense Recovery System: Quickly recovers heat to the ceramic plates
* Multi Functional Hair Styling Iron: Straightens, Curls, Flips, and capable of creating many different styles
* ON/OFF Switch with LED light
* Heat up time in seconds
* Efficient and cost effective to operate
* Swivel power cord: will never tangle
* Power Consumption only 58 Watts
* Self adjusting plate system
* Seals cuticle to lock in moisture and repel humidity with negative ions from Tourmaline
* Protects color and retards fading
* Eliminates Frizz
* Nano Silver, Nano Titanium, and Nano Titanium Oxide technology removes chemicals, bacteria and adds shine!
* Made in Korea
* 1 Year manufacturers warranty
All of the above mentioned flat irons are great choices when selecting a professional flat iron. I know that you will love the way that your hair looks and feels after using one of these babies. A phenomenal flat iron is the one thing that boost your looks and your self esteem. A must have for all chic momma's.
Misikko is graciously offering one lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader the extremely awesome Hana Elite Flat Iron 1"
How to Enter: This giveaway is now closed. Open to US and Canada.
Congratulations to ~*~lilshuga2001~*~
Get Extra Entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get FIVE Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma, leave five comments.
- Get TWO Extra entries if you Grab the Pretty Pink Momma button, comment on which url you posted it to, leave two comments
- Get THREE Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with
- Get SIX Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave six comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and Misikko on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please
Do you need a new #flatiron? #Win a Hana Elite 1" valued at $229.99 from @PrettyPinkMomma. #giveaway ends 3/31 #hairstyle http://is.gd/9NASX
- Get TWO extra entries per day for tweeting daily - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get TWO extra entries per day for retweeting Misikko's tweet about this giveaway - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway OR submit this giveaway on any giveaway listing site - leave the url in one of your three comments.
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to your Technoratti Favorites, leave two comments
- Add Pretty Pink Momma to any other social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add one comment for each site.
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Wednesday April 3rd. Winner will be chosen using the Truly
*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. For product reviews I am only compensated in product for the sole purpose of writing an honest review. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*