I'm Trying to Get Back on Track with Getting In Shape


As you may know, I started the Weight Loss Tips and Product Guide because I myself need to get in to shape. What started off with a bang has fizzled over the last couple months. I had some challenges and instead of fighting the urge to give up on my new found way of thinking I succumbed to my urges to eat unhealthily and stop exercising.

This is one of the reasons that I haven't been adding many posts to the guide. I honestly don't have a lot to add at the moment because I haven't been in the right frame of mind to do so. I am writing this post in an effort to convince myself to get back on track. I need to find a solution, and make healthy living a priority not only for myself but for my family. I realize that I need to do more than just be thinking about getting in shape but actually start doing something to make it happen.

One thing that always motivates me is when I buy something new that inspires my cause. Whether its workout clothing, exercise equipment or new healthy foods to taste I am always on the lookout for great deals and discounts. For me, the more cool stuff I buy the more motivated I become. This doesn't always bode well for our finances so if I can find a coupon or any way that saves me cash I am all for it. In fact, one of my favorite places to score on cool stuff for cheap is Craigslist. I actually found my current treadmill there and got an amazing deal, only paying $150 for it! I am now on the prowl for a couple of more things that I would like to add to my arsenal of fat fighters.

One of those things is a jogging stroller. I have been thinking about getting one of these strollers for awhile and now that the weather is getting nicer now seems like the perfect time. I have had a hard time finding one on Craigslist that is exactly what I'm looking for. Truth be told, I actually have a double one, but it is way too big for me. Plus, I don't think I could get one of the older boys to want to sit in it to save my life. They are both way to independent for that! Anyways, I have been on the lookout for jogging stroller coupons so that I could look into purchasing one new. It may be what I have to do in order to find exactly what I am looking for.

The other thing that I am looking for is a recumbent exercise bike. My hope is that if I have two pieces of cardio equipment in the garage that I can convince my husband to work out with in the evenings after we put the kids to bed. It would be really nice to have his support and be able to encourage his weight loss goals as well. I think if we make a team effort that we could both reach our goals. As an added bonus we would be setting a good example for the kids. My hope is that my boys will never have to face the obstacle of obesity. Healthy eating habits are formed at early ages and I feel that we all ready have steered them down the wrong path and a change is needed.

Well, anyways, I promise to start adding more weight loss tips and product posts soon. I have a couple food related reviews and giveaways in the works all ready and I am always looking for more great things to try. You know I need all the help I can get!






*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. A select few of my posts include sponsored text links. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*

Comments

casey aubut said…
I am right there with you! I just read Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Book- and the whole family started today! It is just common sense- healthy eating- no counting calories, or gimmicks. I am so excited! We spend yesterday scouuring the farmers markets for all the fresh ingredients and I am actually COOKING tonight! (NEver happens! ) Wish us luck! And good luck to you! :)
Helene said…
I'm right there with you, girlfriend! I was recently contacted by a rep for a new diet book that just came out on the market and I just finished the book and I'm totally on board. They asked me to do a 3-week challenge of the 1st phase of the diet and I'm actually excited about it!!

Hope both of us are able to reach our goals!
Tammy said…
Good luck girl...when we do lunch, let go healthy! :)
Anonymous said…
Im sure you will reach your goals!

To bad we cant workout together!
More Than Words said…
Oh my gosh, I could have totally written this post!!!!! I know exactly what you are saying!!!

I never thought about looking for a treadmill on CL!! I'll have to do that.