Summer Bridge Workbooks Help to Bridge the Academic Gap Until Kids Start School in the Fall - Review and Giveaway
Summer is finally here! Benji graduated preschool last Friday and Oscar's last day of school was yesterday. Benji is very excited to finally be considered a kindergartner and Oscar thinks that he is one cool kid on his way to the second grade. I am so proud of both them and the gains that they have made this last school year. Each of them faces unique academic challenges and they have both grown so much as individuals. That being said, I want them to keep their skills polished throughout the summer so that they will be more than ready in the fall to resume their education.
We learned about the Summer Bridge Activities books from the elementary school that both the boys attend. Oscar was in a special needs program for help with his speech and daily living goals as a preschooler and the teachers in that program boasted that the Summer Bridge Activities work books were the best books for helping kids stay on course academically in the summer.
For the past two summers Oscar has been using the Summer Bridge Activities books in order to refresh his memory on what he learned the previous school year and start working on concepts that will be introduced to him in the upcoming year. Now that Benji will be entering kindergarten in the fall he too will be working on the skills and concepts that he learned in preschool and getting that jump start for kindergarten.
When I found out that I was going to be doing a review for Summer Bridge Activities books I was ecstatic! The Summer Bridge Activities books are very well rounded and cover several areas of development not only mental but physical. These award winning work books include 12 weeks worth of activities that focus on:
- Reading Skills
- Math Skills
- Fine-Motor Skills
- Easy Science Experiments
- Outdoor Activities
- Shapes and Colors
- Visual Discrimination
- Character Development
- Fitness Activities
Oscar's book also includes a summer reading list suggestion since he now knows how to read. I love that they have done the work for me and all I need to do is buy the books or check them out at the library.
My mom loves spending time with the boys and she is a wonderful teacher to them. She has a way of explaining things to them and they listen very carefully to what she has to say. They love working on their work books with grandma and she loves helping them. It is a huge bonding activity that they go through each summer. It is time that all of them look forward to spending with each other. Here is my mom working with the boys on their new Summer Bridges Activities books:
You can purchase the Summer Bridge Activities books at your local bookstore or online at www.CarsonDellosa.com for $14.95 each. They are so well worth the expense!
One lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader will win three Summer Bridge Activities books to share with their children this summer!
How to Enter: Visit www.CarsonDellosa.com and comment back on this post which three Summer Bridge Activities books you would choose if you were the selected as the winner. Giveaway open to US residents only.
Get Extra Entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get FIVE Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and the Carson-Dellosa Publishing, leave five comments.
- Get FIVE Extra entries for posting about this giveaway on your Facebook wall. Leave the url of the wall post in your first of five comments
- Get THREE Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with
Google Friend Connect, if you all ready follow just put that in one of your three comments
- Get TWO Extra entries for grabbing my new button, leave two comments
- Get SIX Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave six comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and CDPub on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please
copy and pastethis into your tweet:
- Get TWO extra entries per day for tweeting daily - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get TWO extra entries per day for retweeting my tweets about this giveaway - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra retweet
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway OR submit this giveaway on any giveaway listing site - leave the url in one of your three comments.
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to any social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add two comments for each site. The bottom of each post is now fully equipped with several different sharing options for your convenience!
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Wednesday July 7th. Two winners will be chosen using the Truly
*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. I received two Summer Bridge Activities books for inclusion in my review. No other compensation besides product was given in exchange for my review. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*