Summer is a great time for family BBQ's but our family loves BBQ so we are enjoying BBQ all year round. When the Family Review Network offered up the chance to review some tasty BBQ sauce I couldn't pass it up. We love trying new sauces and word on the web was that this sauce was pretty darn yummy.
Herman T's BBQ Sauce was created by Herman T. Jones in the 1950's. Herman T. wanted his sauce to be a great sauce that could be enjoyed and shared with all of his family and friends. In 2002 his grandson Chef Brian Lewis decided to mass produce his grandfather's beloved recipe for the whole world to enjoy.
Herman T's BBQ Sauce Mix is like no other sauce that I have tried before. Its not premade in a bottle, instead it is a mix that you can quickly add to ketchup and water in a saucepan at home and make fresh for your family to enjoy. I really liked this concept of being able to make the mix myself. It was really easy to make and kind of fun too! I made both the original and the spicy because we love both types of sauce and I wouldn't be satisfied if I only tried one.
After I made Herman T's Original BBQ Sauce I set it aside in a dish while I prepared the Spicy Sauce. With both sauces prepared and ready to go it was time to get started on dinner. I had planned chicken nuggets for the kids and grilled chicken breast marinated in the sauce for the adults. The BBQ Sauce looked so tasty that we ended up setting aside some nuggets for ourselves to dip into the sauces and give them a taste while we were preparing our chicken. The hubby and I both agreed that both sauces were really delicious!
The Original flavor is bold yet smooth in flavor, we gave it the big thumbs up! Hubby has a huge tolerance for spicy so he agreed that the spicy flavor was spicy but not that spicy. I on the other hand have a lower tolerance so I thought that it was really spicy, which I liked. Above you can see the grilled chicken that we prepared, two breasts were covered in Herman T's Original and two breasts were covered in the Spicy. Even though we both like spicy foods we agreed that the Original definitely tasted better than the Spicy in our opinion. It just had a really delicious flavor that kept us wanting more.
You can purchase Herman T's BBQ Sauce online at http://www.htbbqsaucemix.com for only $7.95 for one package of dry mix in any flavor or you can save a little and buy a two pack for only $15 in any combination of flavors that you like. I reviewed the pack that had one Spicy and one Original but you can get two Spicy's or two Original's if you would prefer only one flavor.
I highly recommend visiting the Herman T. BBQ site so that you can watch a quick video tutorial where Chef Brian shows you just how simple it is to make fresh BBQ sauce. Also you should stop by their blog to where Chef Brian shares some great recipes, special offers and more!
One lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader will win a two pack of their choice of Herman T's BBQ Sauce! ARV $15
How to Enter: Giveaway is now closed. Comment on this post and tell me which two pack that you would like to have sent to you if you were chosen as the winner. Giveaway open to US residents only.
|Congratulations to Michele P.!|
Get Extra Entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get THREE Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma, leave three comments.
- Get TWO Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with Google Friend Connect, if you all ready follow just put that in one of your two comments
- Get TWO Extra entries for grabbing my new button, leave two comments
- Get SIX Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave six comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and HermanTsBBQ on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please copy and paste this into your tweet:
- Get ONE extra entry per hour for tweeting, - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to any social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add two comments for each site. The bottom of each post is now fully equipped with several different sharing options for your convenience!
*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. This post was written for Family Review Network & Herman T's BBQ Sauce who provided the complimentary product in exchange for my honest reviwew. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*