Aloha Friday - What do you wish you'd known at 13?

[alohafriday.jpg]

Aloha Fridays are brought to you by Kailani from An Island Life. Over there in Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So Kailani thought that on Fridays she would take it easy on posting, too. So, for Aloha Friday, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Answer my question and put one of your own up on your blog. Link up and check out other blogs that participate at An Island Life.


What do you wish you'd known at 13?


I just wrote a post for the Dove Self Esteem Movement and it centered around the question posed above.  I thought that it would make a great topic for Aloha Friday today.  I wish that I had known that the love I could give myself was more important than sacrificing my dignity and self esteem for any boy.  That and a flat iron could do wonders for my hair. 

I would love it if you would like to put your answer to this question on the Dove Self Esteem Movement post.  I'm sure that you advice would make a great addition to the post.





Kimberly

Comments

Auntie E said…
I do not know. that is a very odd question for me. I really do not remember 13. I just just a kid being a kid.
Unknown said…
I wish I had known myself better.
janetfaye said…
I have no idea. I barely remember being 13.
Harriet said…
Invest in Google!

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/lets-outlaw-robocalling/
Dee said…
I wouldn't change a thing. Life is all about learning from your own mistakes and I wouldn't want to know then what I know now.
Unknown said…
I wish I would've somehow figured out how to be more outgoing.
That boys will break your heart!

Here is my ALOHA FRIDAY!
The Social Frog said…
That it was okay to be a kid and to enjoy being a kid.
Deni said…
Hmmm, not sure....
Katie said…
I wish I knew that it got better - in so many ways!
That if you don't figure out how to be alone, it's going to be your down fall!
Anonymous said…
I wish I had known how to do my make-up and my hair! I could have been so cute!!
candy said…
I wish at 13 I would have known that even though life is filled with lessons that you have to learn sometimes the things your parents and family tell you are RIGHT and they are not trying to run your life but guide you so some of these lessons you learn aren't so hard or painful to learn them.wilcarvic
[at]gmail[dot[com]
Unknown said…
I do wish I would have known that life was still going to be an up and down struggle. Maybe, I would have been a little more stronger mentally to handle some of the hard events that have happened in my life. Maybe I would have seeked out the tools and resources that would have helped me in the really difficult times. It's all just a maybe.

abstractrose at yahoo dot com

Entry for Reader Appreciation Giveaway