As you know I have been meeting with my Mommy Motivators group put together through the Community of Movement. I have now met with the group three times so far and I have to say that it is really working for me. I enjoy having the designated meet times every week, each time that I work out I feel energized and ready to start my day. I was amazed to find that I stayed energized all day and it just made me feel good to know that I followed through with my intent to exercise.
One thing that I really enjoy about the calls is listening to the other moms in the group sharing their feelings and struggles. I have found that in most cases we are going through much of the same feelings even though we are all at different fitness levels and have different reasons for struggling o with our commitment to exercise.
I wanted to share with you how a typical morning session with the group works. I put together a video with excerpts of the first five minute call and as an added bonus some footage of me kickin' it old school to MC Hammer's You Can't Touch This on Just Dance for the Wii. Your welcome :D
After the workout, the group reconnects and discusses how the it all went. I wanted to get footage of that as well but my camera died! The point for the meetings before and after the workout is accountability. The group isn't there to compete or criticize, just to support one another with the common goal of movement. Movement, how much or how little, is determined by you. The only point is to get you up and moving at your own pace for as long as you want to do it.
Did you notice how calming the group leader's voice is? Her questions and statements really get you thinking about yourself and the task at hand. I love that it prepares my mind for the exercise. I have found myself looking forward to the phone calls each week. If you would like to hear more samples of what you can expect during a typical session and membership information please visit Community of Movement.
The Community of Movement officially launches on November 1st and in excitement of the launch a The Community of Movement is hosting a Twitter Party that is not to be missed! Its your chance at meeting all of the Mommy Motivators and learning great tips for exercise and accountability. Plus it doesn't hurt that you can win some pretty cool swag!
When: Thursday October 28th, at 6:30pm Pacific, 7:30 Mountain, 8:30 Central, and 9:30 Eastern
Be sure to follow the twitter party hosts @UpliftingMoms and @busymomblog and we will be using the hashtag #UpliftingMoms.
Prizes up for grabs include:
* Kindle and Amazon gift card
* Ipod Shuffle
* Nike+ Sportband
* Luluemon gift card
* and more!
RSVP by October 28th at the Community of Movement blog!
But Wait! There's More.... Your chance to try out Community of Movement for yourself
One lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader will win a one month Community of Movement Healthy Membership valued at $49. The membership redemption will be valid for the month of either November or December - winner's choice!
How to Enter: Visit the Community of Movement site and comment back on this post telling me what about this new online community makes you want to be a part of it. Giveaway open to US only.
Get Extra Entries! Remember to leave a comment for each extra entry
- Get 3 Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get 3 Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and Community of Movement, leave three comments.
- Get 3 Extra entries for posting about this giveaway on the Community of Movement Facebook Wall. Put this in your wall post:
I just entered to win a one month Healthy Membership from Pretty Pink Momma! You can too! Giveaway ends 10/30/2010
- Get 2 Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with Google Friend Connect, if you all ready follow just put that in one of your two comments
- Get 2 Extra entries for grabbing my new button, leave two comments
- Get 5 Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave five comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get 3 Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and UpliftingMoms on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please copy and paste this into your tweet:
- Get 1 extra entry per day for tweeting, - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get 3 Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway OR submit this giveaway on any giveaway listing site - leave the url in one of your three comments.
- Get 5 Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
- Get 2 Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to any social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add two comments for each site. The bottom of each post is now fully equipped with several different sharing options for your convenience!
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Saturday October 30th. One winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget located in the footer. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.
*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*