Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday - Don't forget to Change Your Clock and Change Your Battery with Energizer this Sunday!
This Sunday, November 7th, its time to Fall Back and set our clock one hour back. I think that next to Christmas and my birthday this is my FAVORITE day of the year. For this tired mom there is no better gift than an extra hour of sleep. November 7th, also marks the 23rd anniversary of the International Association of Fire Chiefs and Energizer's campaign, Change Your Batter Change Your Life, which reminds us all that when we change our clocks its also a great idea to replace the batteries in our smoke detectors as well.
I feel that with the holidays quickly approaching that this time of year its really important to pay attention to fire safety in your home. Many of us have candles burning, Christmas lights and other potential hazards during the holidays. Faulty or old wiring on Christmas tree lights can easily start a fire so it's really important that your smoke detector is working properly so that you can be alerted. A former classmate of mine and his girlfriend died because he didn't have batteries in his smoke alarm in his apartment when his Christmas tree caught on fire while they were sleeping. I can't help but think that if the smoke detector was working it could have saved their lives.
According to the National Fire Prevention Association 40% of fatal fire injuries occur in homes without working smoke alarms, while 23% occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate. Taking a minute to check or change your batteries can save your life or your family's lives. Even though 96% of American homes have smoke alarms, many do not have one that works because of missing or worn-out batteries.
Each year, Energizer donates 200,000 batteries to help local fire departments nationwide. This year everyone has the chance to help double the donations, up to 400,000 batteries. Participation is easy. Visit the CYCCYB tab on the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page, www.facebook.com/energizerbunny, and pledge to change your smoke alarm batteries, share the life-saving Change Your Clock Change Your Battery message with others and create your family’s home escape plan so you have an exit plan in place. Each action will trigger a donation of batteries.
To encourage your participation to pledge and help spread the word Energizer is offering ONE lucky Pretty Pink Momma reader a First Alert smoke alarm, along with a 2-pack of 9volt Energizer® Max® batteries
How to Enter: Giveaway is now closed. Visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page, and pledge to change your smoke alarm batteries then comment on this post letting me know that you made the pledge. Giveaway open to US only.
Get Extra Entries!
- Get THREE Extra entries for entering any other Pretty Pink Momma giveaway. Leave three comments for each giveaway you enter. - Check back often for new giveaways to gain extra entries
- Get THREE Extra entries for becoming a Facebook Fan of Pretty Pink Momma and Energizer leave three comments.
- Get THREE Extra entries for posting on the Energizer Facebook Wall -
- Get TWO Extra entries for following Pretty Pink Momma with Google Friend Connect, if you all ready follow just put that in one of your two comments
- Get TWO Extra entries for grabbing my new button, leave two comments
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Subscribe Via Email to Pretty Pink Momma posts, leave five comments - you must activate your email subscription for these entries to count.
- Get THREE Extra entries if you Follow PrettyPinkMomma and Energizer on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the tweet url in one of your three comments. Please copy and paste this into your tweet:
#Win a First Alert smoke alarm & a 2-pack of 9volt Energizer® batteries #giveaway ends 11/19 #daylightsavings #CYCCYB http://is.gd/gJX0b
- Get ONE extra entry per day for tweeting, - leave the tweet url in your comment for each extra tweet
- Get THREE Extra entries if you blog about this giveaway OR submit this giveaway on any giveaway listing site - leave the url in one of your three comments.
- Get FIVE Extra entries if you Stumble this post, leave five comments
- Get TWO Extra entries by adding Pretty Pink Momma to any social bookmarking site - just be sure to let me know which one in your comment. Add two comments for each site. The bottom of each post is now fully equipped with several different sharing options for your convenience!
Good Luck to all that enter! This giveaway is open until Friday November 19th. One winner will be chosen using the Truly Random Number Generator widget located in the footer. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen.
*I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions in all posts. To help spread the word about this cause Energizer gifted me with a First Alert smoke alarm and a package of 9 volt Energizer batteries. Please refer to my disclosure policy or email me if you have any questions.*